I was checking out all these pagan merchandisers and how much everything costs...WHOA! A lot of stuff was just way too expensive for the size of what you were getting, especially the figures/altar statues. I needed one, and after seeing the prices, I decided to make my own. She's not the best representation of The Goddess I've ever seen, but she's connected to me, cost $4 to make and my daughter and I spent quality creative time together...she made the weird little animals on the cookie sheet. We used Sculpey baking clay, which was perfect. :)
The back has the triple moon, the front has a spiral on her tummy and a pentacle on the base. I am going to paint it later today, if the kids give me a chance. :)
I think it is beautiful! It is *your* representation of the Goddess and in the end, that is all that matters! Can't wait to see it all finished up. I love working with sculpey!
ReplyDeleteI love this so much! I made my own Pentagram for my altar out of clay as well. I think homemade things are so much better than store bought. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks gals! Yes, I think I'll make my altar Paten (pentacle) too. I bought a dowel of would about 3/4" think to make an altar besom also. I just need to gather reeds and yarn. If I had a Michaels in town it would be easier, but it is fun inventing things just like the sisters of old would have had to. They didn't have metaphysical stores hundreds of years ago.
ReplyDeleteHow Wonderful!! And I bet you and your daughter had the best time working on your projects!
ReplyDeletePlease share pics when she's complete. I'd love to see her! :0)
She will mean so much more to you because you created Her yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think it's awesome and homemade is always the best. Your daughter is quite the little artist as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks :) SHe was my good lil helper. I can't believe I spelled wood...would. Der.
ReplyDelete